Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
Easy, easy, easy……..
Warm curry flavors and creamy coconut milk add flavor and moisture to lean chicken breasts.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced (I actually used 1 sweet poatote and one russet potatoe)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk light
- 1/2 cup chicken stock low sodium
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons currey powder salt-free
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder optional
- 1 cup green peas frozen
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cilantro optional garnish
In the bottom of the slow cooker (crockpot), whisk together coconut milk, chicken stock, tomato sauce, curry powder, salt and cayenne.
Add chicken breasts, onion, chickpeas and sweet potatoes. Using tongs, gently toss ingredients together to ensure evenly coated.
Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
Stir in peas and lemon juice 5 minutes before serving.
Serve over rice and with plenty of fresh cilantro.